Saturday, May 2, 2020

Song Challenge Day 9: A Song That Makes You Happy

Back again. Day 9, "A song that makes you happy."



I'm going with a song I've honestly never heard on the radio, but that's been in a bunch of movies and shows, one you've probably heard yourself and have no idea who it's by or what it's called. 


To my shame, I've never bothered listening to anything else by Rusted Root who, apparently, were quite prolific before going on hiatus. 

So anyway, this song is super peppy and Cheery. It may not have much in terms of lyrical complexity, but it just brings sunshine into the room whenever it's playing. And it doesn't sound like it's trying too hard, which I think is why it doesn't annoy me. I mean, I can't listen to more than one ABBA song without wanting to puke, but this can play on a loop. It's relaxed, pleasant. 

There are a lot of sad songs out there, and a lot of reasons to be sad right now. This song is a great one to lift the spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! I don't always get notifications when comments are left, but I genuinely try to respond when I realize one exists!

Disagreement is fine, but follow the golden rule: "Don't be a dick." If you are, I reserve the right to delete your comment.